Skip to content
- The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are the most prestigious institutes offering engineering courses to students. Admission in engineering to undergraduate B.Tech and integrated M.Tech programs are through JEE Mains and Advanced (the Joint Entrance Examination Advanced) in which around 150,000 students appear annually out of which only around 11,032 get selected. These 150,000 students are initially sorted out by the JEE Mains (Joint Entrance Examination Mains) which is conducted by the central board (Delhi). Around 1.3 million students appear for this exam.
- BITSAT: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science organizes BITSAT for admissions in its campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. BITS Pilani ranks amongst the high ranking IITs and conducts a computer based test. Only those students with a minimum score of 75% marks in PCM are eligible for appearing in the exam.
- DTU Entrance Exam: Delhi University conducts this exam and only those with a score of minimum 60% in PCM in 12th boards are eligible for this exam. DTU is one of the finest colleges for engineering.
- VITEE: The exam gets you a seat in VIT one of the best private engineering institutes in India. But is also one of the toughest. The seats are very limited and hence the competition is high. Along with passing the test the candidate must have excellent score in 12th Boards as this is also considered while selecting students.
- WBJEE: West Bengal has many well reputed engineering colleges and student get admitted through the WBJEE exam. The exam is a popular among engineering aspirants and more than 2 lakh candidates appear every year.