One of the significant outcomes of globalization is the tremendous growth in the tourism and hospitality industry. With India being one of the most popular travel destinations, the government too is encouraging and investing in the development of these industries.
The hotel industry is a crucial part of the hospitality industry with a huge growth potential in the near future.The demand for hotel management professionals is already huge and is expected to grow more with the increasing number of hotels being set up in India and all over the world. Apart from its glamour, a career in hotel management has become lucrative and exciting, attracting more and more students to opt for it.
Hotel management jobs include multiple skills like food and beverage service, front office operation,sales and marketing, accounting etc. Many government colleges and private institutes in India offer certificate, diploma or degree courses in hotel management.
- Minimum qualification necessary for a hotel management course is 10+2. Depending on the cost and duration of the course, one can opt for a certificate ,diploma or degree course.
- Certificate courses can be of six months to one year duration, a diploma of two years and a degree course of three year duration.
- Selection for government recognized colleges and institutes is done through the common entrance test held in April every year. The test consists of multiple choice questions in English, Reasoning, General Science and General knowledge.
- A group discussion and personal interview is conducted further to assess the personality and aptitude of the candidate before he is finally selected for the hotel management course. Private institutes too conduct tests along the same lines for selecting candidates.
Top 10 Hotel Management Colleges in India
|Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition (IHM)||Pusa, New Delhi|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition||Mumbai|
|Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration,||Manipal|
|Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition,||Chennai|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition,||Ahmedabad|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition,||Hyderabad|
|Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology,||New Delhi|
|NSHM School of Hotel Management,||Durgapur|
|Institute of Hotel Management,||Aurangabad|
- Airline Catering and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy
- Hospitality services in various MNCs
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses, resorts
- Kitchen Management
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- Self employment (as an entrepreneur)
Hospital Management is one of the most recent concepts in the field of management courses.It is the most important & lucrative career in the health sector.
In the early days, senior specialists used to perform the role of a hospital manager.At present, the things are changed & the services of these professional are required for the smooth functioning of hospitals.
The term which applies to those professionals who organize, coordinate, direct and supervise the delivery of medical services is “medical and health services manager”.
For UG Courses:
- Candidate has to pass their higher secondary examination & secure at least 50% marks in the examination.
For PG Courses:
- If you want to join the PG level courses, then you have to complete your graduation in any subject. The eligibility criterion for master courses is different according to the Institution and course concerned.
- Famous Institutions such as AIIMS, AFMC, etc, they only give admission into a PG course for students, those complete their MBBS degree.
- Candidate if interested to do a doctoral degree, then they have to require a Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) Degree.
You have to appear for national level entrance exam i.e. CAT, MAT and XAT. You can also apply for the university level entrance exams.
Top colleges in India offers Hospital Management Courses:
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences||New Delhi|
|Armed Forces Medical College||Pune|
|Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya||Indore|
|Symbiosis Centre Of Health Care||PUNE|
|Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University||Delhi|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science||Pilani.|
- Deans & Directors of Medical Colleges
- Hospital Superintendents
- Deputy Superintendents
- Medical Directors
- Nursing Directors
- Heads of Departments
- Healthcare Finance Managers