Although engineering is one of the most popular career options in India but making a career in this field is not a cakewalk. A degree is not enough to shine in the field of engineering but the institute’s name from where you completed your engineering as well as your personal skills plays a significant role. Get yourself registered with a renowned education consultants www.admissionwing.com to get direct admission in top colleges of engineering in India and plan a wishful career!
To provide students an idea about the level of infrastructure, faculty, resources and placement standards of different colleges, National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) gives ranking to engineering colleges every year. In April 2017, HRD Minister Prakash Javedkar announced top 25 engineering colleges in India.
Below is a summary to the list of best engineering colleges in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology: Among the top 10 colleges, 8 positions were bagged by Indian Institute of Technology. IIT Madras was at the first position followed by Mumbai, Kharagpur, Delhi, Kanpur, Roorkee and Guwahati. IITs at Hyderabad, Indore, Bhubaneshwar, Patna, Ropar were ranked in top 25 engineering colleges in India. Making it yet again a proven fact that IITs are the best places to get enrolled for engineering education!
- Anna University, Chennai: The College which bagged the 8th position in NIRF ranking is known well for its placement drive where top companies come to the campus. They also conduct extra-curricular activities like red-cross, NSS and so on. The campus life is full of fun and gives the students an interactive environment where they can learn and enjoy while concentrating on their studies.
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata: One rank below Anna University is this prestigious university of Kolkata which secured 9th This university provides a productive environment for its students. The students here are enthusiastic and get involved in research related works to enhance their skills.
- National Institute of Technology: NIT is a renowned chain of engineering colleges of India. NIT Titruchirapalli, Rourkela, Surathal have been ranked among the top 25 colleges at 11th, 12th and 22nd ranks respectively. They have good placement records and reputation in India.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani: Ranked at 16th position this year, BITS Pinali is a well-known name among the engineering colleges in India. It’s the topmost private colleges and students of BITS claim that their institute does not only teach them engineering but also how to live life to the fullest!
After reading about these top engineering colleges in India, it is certain that if you are an engineering aspirant then you would have definitely imagined yourself in one of them. But yes, admission to the top colleges is again not every one’s cup of tea, so prepare yourself well and get direct admissions to these colleges. You can also contact to one of the best education consultants in Noida Admission wing and get direct admission to these colleges. All the best!