Consolidated Medical Services Exam popularly known as UPSC CMS Exam is taken by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on National Level each year for the enlistment of Doctors to Central taxpayer-supported organizations like:
- Ordinance Factories
- Health Service
- Central Health Service
- Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
Combined Medical Services Exam Eligibility
Students wishing to show up in this Medical Entrance Examination must have an M.B.B.S.degree. Applicants who are yet to show up in the last examination of the M.B.B.S. may likewise be permitted to show up in the Examination temporarily. Competitors who are yet to finish their obligatory entry level position are likewise qualified yet their arrangement upon choice is liable to their finishing the temporary job.
- Applicants who wish to write this Medical Entrance Exam must be under 32 years on first January of the time of Examination.
- Reservations according to administrative standards are applicable with respect as to the age, in the job opportunities.
Combined Medical Services Exam Pattern
The Combined Medical Services (C.M.S) selections are made on the basis of a written test which has two papers. Questions in this exam will be Objective Type, Multiple Choice, and the only language is English.
Written Examination (2 papers of 250 marks each)
Paper 1 (Code No 1)
Paper 2 (Code No 2)
Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus
Syllabus for Paper 1
(a) General Ability
(b) General Medicine-including Cardiology, Neurology, Dermatology an Psychiatry)
Syllabus for Paper 2
(a) Surgery including ENT, Opthalmology, Traumatology, and Orthopaedics
(b) Gynaecology & Obstetrics
(c) Preventive Social and Community Medicine
Personality Test /Interview (100 Marks)
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the Written Examination are required to appear for an Interview which carries maximum marks of 200.
- Applicants who pass and are shortlisted for the written exam, they have to attend an interview which carries a minimum of 200 marks.
Total Marks for the Entire test is (250+250+200= 600)
Once candidates pass the interview they have to undergo a medical exam conducted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare before they are assigned positions.
How to apply for Combined Medical Services Exam?
Students who are eligible can apply online by visiting the official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. they can also apply offline by purchasing a common application available at post offices and the charge is just Rs. 50/-. The form can only be used once and for only one examination.
Note: In case of any difficulty in filling or getting application forms from the designated HPOs/Pos, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned post master or UPSC’s forms supply monitoring cell over Tele 011-23389366/ Fax 011-23387310.
Combined Medical Services Exam Fee
- Candidates applying online just need to pay a fee of Rs.50/- (Rs fifty only) either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/Master credit/debit card.
- Candidates applying offline (through common application form) are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rs one hundred only) through central recruitment fee stamp only.
Imp:- All female candidates/SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from payment of a fee (OBC candidates are required to pay full fee)
Combined Medical Services Exam Dates
- Combined Medical Services Exam are conducted in the month of January
Combined Medical Services Exam Test Centres in India
The Combined Medical Services Exam is held every year in the major cities of India name of most of them are given below:-
- Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad
- Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal
- Chennai, Chandigarh, Cuttack
- Delhi, Dharwar, Dispur (Guwahati)
- Gangtok, Hyderabad
- Imphal, Itanagar
- Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat
- Kochi (Cochin), Kohima, Kolkata
- Madurai, Mumbai
- Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair
- Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar
- Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati
- Udaipur and