Other than MBBS the medical field offers a broad range of academic education. In India, we have certificate courses, diploma, bachelor degree, masters and other short time courses.
- The most popular are MBBS a medical degree for the cure and diagnosis for 5 years.
- BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery for dentistry and the course duration is 4 years.
- BHMS or Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery is also a 5-year course regulated by the National Institute of Homeopathy.
- BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery regulated by the Central Council of Indian Medicine and lasts for 5 years.
- MD or Doctor of Medicine is a 3-year course awarded to doctors who are physicians. And is done after completing MBBS.
- MS or Master of Surgery is also a 3-year course after completing MBBS.
- DM Doctorate in Medicine can be 2-3 years and is a doctorate degree equivalent to a PhD Degree. Doctors after MD are eligible for this course.